Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Buy less, Drink less.

I shall join the lines of fresh faced people, armed to the teeth with good intentions and resolutions. The above being number one and two and the third being "Do more".
As always there is a list of things I want to do, both small and big, and I am a bit afraid of writing them down, lest I get to the end of the year and have not done them…

But one of them that I can write and put out there is to tidy up this blog somewhat. I will write more, and have at least one photo of the week up here. I will link more often and be slightly more personal about things- don’t worry! Nothing ridiculous just a record so at the end of the year I can look back and think- this is what I did, this is who I saw etc.

So with this in mind I will do a quick list of highlights of 2007.
Going back to NZ was a massive highlight. The best gig I saw was a tie between Prince and Against Me! Which are impossible to distinguish between as one is the music of my youth and one is a completely new phenomenon that I have been lucky enough to discover. I didn’t see enough films to have a best of other than the white diamond by Herzog, which though old, I saw it this year. Best Art exhibition could be Gilbert and George or How we are :Photographing Britain. The best book I read was (historical) Treasure Island – Robert Louis Stevenson, and (contemporary) Wolves of the Plains – Conn Iggulden.

But I have to really struggle to remember these things, that’s why I am going to be more vigilant on this thing.

Things I want this year. More money! A promotion; to get fit; become an artist; print out photos; cook a duck; bike to work more; get my license; get my jeans fitted; go camping.

All easy things to do I think you will agree.

Ok, that’s the first one of the year. Happy 2008 guys! Year of the rat
A leap year. And despite the doomsayers from the city with their miserly bony handed predictions, you can read it here first that it is going to be an awesome year full of life, being grateful for what we have, enjoying what has gone before, and making the first steps in ensuring the future is as we would want it to be.

No comments: