Wednesday, January 30, 2008

a way of life that calls for another way of living.

Toast. Is there anything that smells as good in the morning? Its like Leonard Cohen for the nose.

Anyway, there comes a time whenever I do things like this that I begin to doubt myself, begin to think,- well why update when I haven’t done anything? Well I think the reason is only to document, and when life doesn’t involve bigger happenings, there’s no need to belittle, the already little happenings.

So, lets see. Would have blogged about Morrissey, had he not suffered from a throat infection, postponing our concert. But better pulling out than giving a substandard performance I say, but imagine if you travelled in? We checked in the morning what time it started, and found out that it wasn’t on. Good old internet! In the dark old days we would’ve just turned up for a big sandwich of disappointment.

I went to the Tate the other day, but missed the LB exhibit because there were three of us and the card will only let two in. I saw the crack though. And its pretty cool! As mentioned earlier Juan Munoz starts this week, so cant wait for a bit of that.

I don’t like to finish books on the tube. You are left with a finished book weighing down your man bag, and it doesn’t feel that you are giving the words the attention they deserve. So I had two books I had to finish as well as two 2000AD comics I hadn’t finished (but for lack of time, I don’t mind finishing comics on the tube). So on Sunday I sat down and finished Lords of the Bow and Mister B Gone both quite great, but ultimately unsatisfying books. The first is foremost an in between book, that so often happens in a trilogy. It’s a stepping stone between the page turning excitement on the first one and is full of presentiment of the third instalment, which I fear is going to be a sad story. Oh its about Ghengis Khan if you didn’t know. Cool. And the second, though a nice neat little story, lacks the bite that say “the yattering and jack” welds – a random example of how Barker has handled the life of a demon before.

So the end of one book only means a start to another, so I have indeed started two books! They both have started off with intriguing but dry ideas. The one I have bought with me, (and is noted at the foot of the blog) is about one mans forty *(warning- pun alert) plus career at the Natural History Museum. I am enjoying the first few chapters, and makes me want to go again! So look out for some photo shoots in the summer.

Anyway I will leave you here with one of the greatest scenes of 80’s Cinema.

No comments: