Monday, January 21, 2008

Link Tag.

Ever find a good blog, and then follow the links with blind faith because the source site is good? Then continuing through? It can be good fun, a great way to find new music (something I am sorely in need of), new artists, cool sites and gifts (don’t tell me you don’t remember Valentines day?).

I thought I would try one out and record all the interesting things I find. Yes I know this is a way to fill my own blog by using other peoples content, but hey- its about coverage!


First stop,Fabulist is always worth a visit. Nothing stands out though so I use this as a springboard, and arbitrarily choose the last link…

I haven’t seen this blog before, nice format and layout, but I am here on a content caper, so I look around, its like a radio station idea with play lists etc. I check out The Deirdres who are pretty awesome, in a kind of moldy peaches cutesy way, and I feel it might be 2 months too early for this kind of musical colour. A far more wintry sound are bye!
But on with the treasure hunt…
Although the site is in Spanish the best blogspot name so far is fuck me I'm twee
Continuing with following the last link I find
Who introduce me to a London based label… Forward marching onto another great named blog Alex loves you and your silly pop songs, although suffering from blog name envy, I am pleased to see a NZ link to the flying nun label, and even some Verlaines, (a NZ band who were a few years ahead of my own uni times, when being a student seemed… cool… in a sardonic, flirting with heroin, “oh its always grey in Dunedin” kind of way…
Ok- after that nostalgia, which was actually a pretty good record and video, I find
unpopular which lived up to its name, because I didn’t like it! Not only that but it was a dead end, with no external links! How rude. But that’s lucky coz even I was getting bored with this post.
Bugger, seemed like such a good idea to begin with.

No comments: