Thursday, January 03, 2008

Ice Cream Season is Over

So L and I were talking last night about the price of the cinema.
Now she loves to go to the cinema, and I am not so keen on it. Not because I don’t like film, I really do, but I am not a huge fan of blockbusters, with their explosions and lame one liners, and if you go to these multiplexes its so expensive and when people are on their cell phones or what ever I get irate! So we rarely go, unless of course there is something L really wants to see, or there is something at the ICA or what ever.

However it is a bugbear for me the cost of the cinema for families in London. I mean I know you have to shop around, but at worst events- if we were a family with more dollars than sense and paid cash fares from our house into Leicester Square £4 an adult, and 2 pounds a child, lets imagine we have three. So that’s 14 pounds to get there. The best seats for 2 adults and 3 children at Leicester Square Odeon are £80:25 (incl. £3.25 handling fee). And we all know how expensive coke and popcorn is at the movies? About £6.25 for a large coke and popcorn? Now I know I have gone to extremes to prove an obvious point, but that’s over a hundred pounds to see “I am legend” and with this sort of outlay families today are better off buying their coke in sixpacks, their popcorn unpopped and sitting around the computer where they just downloaded it for free.

Oh well, who would have kids anyway? People who recycle and worry about the airmiles of their wine, and then have children?

Now for some art
Contemporary



Traditional and perhaps website of the day.



and a fellow blogspot colleague, who I admire greatly and really wish I could make one of my journals look half as good as these ones!

No comments: