Tuesday, January 15, 2008

art attack overcompensates for no photo of the week

It’s a wet and grey Tuesday, for all that’s worth.
Its hard to maintain enthusiasm for anything more than snuggling into a bit of dvd action. Talking of which I watched some of Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the lost Ark on the weekend. Quality. Getting ready for the release of the latest Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Skulls are cool. And so is Indy! Bring it on.

So you will notice again I have failed to do a photo of the week, but I have you may have also noticed, re designed the blog! So its kind of a picture as well. Very good.

Lets have a look about town hey?
Five days left until the end of the Louise Bourgeois exhibition at the Tate Modern.

I must say I haven’t seen it yet, so will have to go this week. It also means I have not seen that famous crack yet either. But soon come.

Even though its sad to see LB go, 2008 is an exciting year for the tate. We have the Duchamp, Man Ray, Picabia exhibition opening from 21st Feb-26th of May.



Spanish artist Juan unoz 24th Jan- 27th April is really exciting! Hopefully there are the eerie Chinese laughing men…


So I drank last night, but it was for good reason, at "aint nothing but" bar in Kingly street, which is really nice. especially since I am looking for guitars, and it gave me a chance to listen to the sound of les paul, fender strat and fender telecasters, which helps a bit. I must say the les paul tone was quite cool, and the telecaster muffled sound was great also. But I think *(as I cant afford a real les paul) I will stick with the jackson-ibanez option. but I am going to test drive the epiphone anyway.



No comments: