Friday, January 04, 2008

January is a funny month

They took down the Christmas tree in Hammersmith today. It lay on its side already looks like gutter trash. I wonder what they do with it. “they shoot horses don’t they?”

January is a funny month isn’t it? The enthusiasm about the holidays is over, the year rears up at you, until it can look a bit daunting (I am thinking like a woolly mammoth staring down from atop its two hind legs), and nothing really to look forward to until easter comes, and the ground softens for harvest.

But fret not! There are still cool things about the start of the year. One can begin planning all the fabulous things that one can do in winter and beyond.

Yesterday I added that Klimt site, did you check it out? Well that got me thinking and I have found this photographic interpretation of his works.

How cool is that?



ok, so not really drinking this month. And tonight is the biggest test of them all a Friday! Then tomorrow is an even bigger test! A Saturday! Then Sunday is the hugest test of a Sunday with an Arsenal game!

Ok, I know I haven’t made a photo of the week, but I guess I have some time.

No comments: