Friday, March 13, 2009

words? WTF?!

After turning this blog into a bit of a photo journal, I thought I would take a step back from the vision, and revert to words backed up with links.

Taking photos is becoming an obsession, one that started over 25 years ago when I first began buying secondhand old cameras, taking them apart and making periscopes with the mirrors. L. bought me this book last night which has step by step lessons around your camera, which is reinforced by a series of projects at the end of each chapter. Good fun!

For a more hands on experience I found this in the Tate: Whats on April-May booklet. The Shoot Experience organise treasure hunts, workshops but the idea that caught my idea as the Tate shoot.

Teams are given different parts of a story and sent into the local streets to
find inspirations and take photos that respond to or represent each phrase or
word. At the end of the day all photos are collected and compiled to make an
unique photographic story board that will be projected onto the big screen in
the Turbine Hall.

You need groups of 4 and its 50 quid each group to enter. How about it?

St Patrick’s day this weekend. Trafalgar Square should turn green, but in light of the recent military clashes Boris is hoping to dedicate the festivities to Peace. With a parade and a festival I certainly hope this ends up being a very peaceful and festive day.

I however shall miss all of this and go for a walk along the Thames Path.

No comments: