Monday, March 23, 2009

Latest Bloody Mary Recipie



I heart the bloody mary. I plan to kick start the old blog into it as well, but I have discovered that there are only two ways to get a good bloody mary in this town; pay enough money for the bar tender to be proficient and if this is going to be a blog I really can only pay for two drinks a month... or make it yourself.
This recipe is per glass and this is the order each ingredient goes in;
two ice cubes
enough cucumber vodka to cover the ice
One shot of port
half a lid of brandy
two pinches of celery salt
juice from half a lime
6 drops of tobasco sauce
a dash of worcestor
the best fresh tomato juice you can find, although if you have time make it yourself! I have only done this once, and to be honest it tasted a lot like tomato soup. I will let you know next time I do it...
Stir well
garnish with celery and a sprinkle of pepper.

If I had some fresh horseradish I would use this, but alas I did not.

No comments: