Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Last week in Photos

Hello! Had a nice week last week all in all. Good football results for everyone! as long as they are gooners haha. and Liverpool fans it must be said.

L. K. and I went to Hackney Marshes for a bike ride in the fantastic London weather. Here is the speed demon L. in action!

These are some much slower bikers in the park we stopped for a beer.This Banksy hit all the blogs last week as the stencilled one hit Hackney. Conversely it was "defaced" by some graffitti hoolagan, and so someone has come back, cleaned off the unsitely graffitti so Hackney can still have some art. Ooh the irony.


Before going to the movies last week L and I stopped in for a drink at 5th View. The tables were seperated by books to brouse, the table service was slow but friendly and they had a wide range of world beers. Considering the madness downstairs at Piccadilly Circus it was very calm and refreshing!
At Rough trade records I found this Lost poster. I am always intrigued and slightly saddedned by these. But I snapped away like an emotion tourist. If you have seen Jack let him know he is loved! Maybe give him one of these.

This is the bus restaurant in Brick Lane. I miss the old routemasters. Jumping on was always cool! And how you could pretend to be asleep for a free ride. Oh well.

Spittlefields, why have I never walked through here at night before?


I just joined up with my local library. Isnt it amazingly romantic in an old fasioned way. Things wont be like this for much longer.









1 comment:

Mandy said...

I love going to the library. You've touch on it being romantic and old fashioned... It just reminds me of the fascination I had with books as a young child. Just before my brother started tearing them apart and writing all over them with crayons.