Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Guilty, of love in the first degree

The spiral staircase in the tube platform was full to bursting point. The crowd was an uncomfortable mixture of home and away football fans and commuters. Tension was growing faster than people were moving. Not that he seemed to mind, his white ipod earphones were working overtime, his music spilling into the staircase, hustling for room.
She turns to her mate, incredulous. “Guilty” she says eyebrows arched high, “its guilty by bananarama innit?” Her friend nods wearily, “I never heard a bloke listening to Bananarama before unless he is gay, which he must be”. He trundled off seemingly unaware.
I didn’t listen to the rest of their social commentary, I was busy seething at L’s ability to blog straight from her phone.
PROJECT UPDATE
Wahoo for me! I have finished the dvd for the nephew and its sitting right here beside me. I need to make a cover for it now in between my work (you will be happy to know tg). But I don’t know what really to put on it as all the photos have been used already in the dvd!
I will post it here of course when I am finished so don’t worry your cute little face about it.
FOOTBALL
A tense game last night had Arsenal pick the first ball out of the net from a superb strike from Van Da Vaart, whom I wish I didn’t name check yesterday. Arsenal were watching him at the start of the season though and perhaps he will follow Rosicky in scoring well against arsenal in the CL and then signing… After that things weren’t working for us, they were stealing our balls, Clichy and Eboue crosses became messier, the tempo dragged, and the commentators picked up the same old lines “this is becoming all too familiar” etc.

Senderos seemed awesome for some of those stops, coming right up field to snuff out danger in the midfield. Flamini did well as well. And Hleb was on fire, his footwork’s superb, but we lacked that last touch as the commentators couldn’t stop themselves from reminding us. But the half time quiet speculation seemed to do the trick and we stormed out. Fabregas turned with sublime grace to deftly weight a ball to Van Persie and in it went. Thank god!
But while 1 1 was looking like a result, and me thinking that the german league must be quite good if they are on the bottom of it we scored again.(less than 10 mins from time!) I think Eboue was as sick of his dodgy crosses (he did some awesome ones at the start of the game though) as I was and thought fuck it- I’m going for it. Blasted through the keeper it was the luck we needed.

But of course it wasn’t just luck, we had changed from dogged 4 5 1 to menacing 4 4 2, freeing up Henry at last from always having 3 defenders on his back, giving more room to VP to distract them and with such attacking fullbacks you felt that it had to happen. Only you knew the last few months would be playing on the players minds.

On came Theo Walcott, which was great not just to shut the commentators up about the lack of English feet on the grass, but also because his pace on the wing and (selfless) pinpoint cross allowed Baptista his first Arsenal goal. Go the Beast! So 3 1 van de vaart first goal was worth a sweet 80-1 at betfred.
ART
And since I know not everyone cares about the football, here is a piece of stopmotion animation that makes me wish I had a digital video camera, a white board, more time and a time machine so I could steal this idea without being too obvious. Are you meant to reference you tube? if you want to know who the music etc is you have to click through- sorry!

1 comment:

Mr & Mrs Turoa said...

Yes the animation is cool, although ages to download, but that may be my crap PC