Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Birthday Blog

I hit 34 on Monday and had a great time doing it. L. made me eggy crumpets with bacon and maple syrup oh yeah, she also bought me cool shoes, a party cd and the excellent Joker graphic novel. B bought me a great t shirt, R some delicious wine, got phone calls from the family and then out and about in London.

Went to the bar in the Hilton on the 28th floor, with amazing views and delicious wines...



Then China Tang, which was amazing! Now, I did want to jump on my soap box a little bit here. London has some great places to eat and drink, and it has some mediocre places to eat and drink. I bought a bog standard pint of peroni last week for £4.05! They had burgers on the menu for a tenner. China Tang offers a set lunch at £15 pounds, which was a basket of dim sum, some noodles with meat and a glass of wine. Sorry there are no photos but this was a delicous lunch a large glass of wine and a fantastic ambiance. All I am saying is be careful with your pound. Don't settle for flat beer when it is expensive to buy.




Anyhow, we then caught a double decker bus over to the BFI had some more wine, there was a gay/lesbian festival on so everything was booked out, but I bought two tickets to Stop Making Sense, the talking heads film. Then we bought some cream charges headed home to drop some stuff off and went to the cinema to see the Watchmen for the second time. It is still a great film on the second viewing and I am pleased I got to see it again on the big screen before it finished its ciruclation.

I want to watch more cinema, and I think it was a resolution earlier in the year. But watch this space!

2 comments:

GM Young said...

wow happening birthday bro!!! xx p.s i loved kavalier and clay!xxgeo

MT said...

G! Kavalier and Clay was awesome hey? Have you read the yiddish policeman? its top top top!