Friday, February 29, 2008

MasterChef Thursday

I might ban myself from reality tv shows. I am just getting too emotional with them, as some smug producer plays with my feelings, like I am a puppet to their cathrode ray tube strings.
Last night it was MasterChef. I mean its not as lame as it sounds. We had three contestants, all with good cooking ability and each had learned so much in the journey through the programme. Each with dreams of opening their own kitchen.

Emily was full of creative inventions but also youthful pretensions on food as art, “composition of the plate” etc. She had the world ahead of her, and even getting to the final was a great achievement for an 18 year old.

Jonny wanted to serve up food with saleability, and his ideal kitchen, it seemed to me would not need a Gordon Ramsey make over, as he was after serving up food the customers would want. He also was a single Dad, and tugged at the heart stings the most. I wanted him to win by the end of it, however he did not.
James won it, and to be honest his dish at the end deserved to win it.

So that was my main event of the evening, other than tacos- and I am pleased to say, because I found James so unlikeable, and John Torode some sort of coke fuelled Geronimo spinning wilder and wilder out of control with ever increasing adjectives, I didn’t cry once.

No comments: