Wednesday, February 13, 2008

the raising of the great whore

Spring in February is a scary concept. Without jumping on any global warming band wagon, it is something that I am experiencing for the first time. Sure I have only been in the northern hemisphere for 7 years, but still this is the loveliest warmest days that usually appear in April. So what does this mean? Will it be a long drawn out heat fest? Will I be loathing the heat of May? Will August be droughts, water bans and trips to Norway?

The very real effect was a fantastic bike ride into work today. Regents park was glorious, the sun was rising over those amazing buildings that flank the park, and the fields held a veil of fog against them, with people walking their dogs amongst their dewy grasses. Oh for a camera- I thought. I will bring mine tomorrow, but of course tomorrow will not be the same. Lets hope though!

So there was a fire in Camden the other night, and I didn’t even know about it. Bearing in mind it is only half an hour walk from my house, is pretty lame of me. It reminded me of that song…

“Black or white turn it on, face the new religion
Everybody's sitting 'round watching television!

London's burning with boredom now
London's burning dial 99999”



So the guy who put this on the mighty you tube thinks it might be the great whore of babylon burning mentioned in revelations and many reggae songs.
so hes not that paranoid

No comments: