Monday, November 24, 2008

Weekend Round up: Tinselworms, Pies and Pandas

Monday already! How to buffer myself from work/play? BLOG!
Yes its a bit early, but I bet there are people out there who want to know what I have done this weekend... surely?

Went for dinner at the old HK Diner, it had good write ups, and all in all not dissapointing, L's hot pot (pork Belly) was the best, then F's prawns was second, my duck was the worst but still quite tasty! Then we went to Bill Bailey


Which was ace, he was less absurd than I expected. And you could tell he was on the back of his American tour. But his best joke was distintly English, (Spoiler alert not too high though./.._) and the joke was about him cringing from the future about how embarrasing the olympic ceremony is going to be! haha, true bro...


Saturday and we tried some pies. Now as I am sure you know the UK is sadly lacking in decent pies, so when I see them I am always torn between running in fear, or running for the promise of savory goodness withing those thin pastry walls. So when at Broadway Market on a freezing Saturday I saw them- I went for it!

"Thanks, can I have a chilli steak pie and a steak and cheese please>?"





Now they had take away pies, that you could bring home- and they cost about £3.50 each. (NZ-ers will balk!) and to make matters worse- they microwave them! bah. But on a chilly day, it was a delicous, home made filling filled tasty treat.

And then Sunday we took a walk in Crouch End, where we found an excellent print shop, which just shows where our aspirations lie because we so wanted to bring home art. haha. This was one of my faves.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

That is weird - I have come across some of the best pies ever in the UK. Like there is a pub in Westerham that does an awesome steak and ale pie, and Wigan is pie country and they get the best pies ever up there!

MT said...

hahaha, no no no Emm, perhaps you are at a disadvantage for being from South Africa ;) but NZ pies are A*M*A*Z*I*N*G and its hard not to be fat over there! so when I come back here its a bit of a worry to order one

Mandy said...

*raspberry* Tell you what - I'll take you out for a pie in Westerham and then you can fly me over to NZ to check out your pies and then we can decide. :0) Call it an Economy of Emm.