Thursday, November 13, 2008

Its neate ayhe Aunt?


Adam Neate is turning London into an art gallery on Friday. A quick check into the auctions and one of his pics reached over 40k so even though he is going for a *ahem "Warholian" technique of not actually touching canvas there might be an investment to be made from walking around the streets of London at midnight scoping for free art.

“I’m interested in that Warhol idea of the brand as assisted readymade. Apart from creating the master image in stencil, I haven’t had to touch these works at any point in their production, even the signature is rubber-stamped – and although they’re multiples, each one is compositionally unique.”

Now although I am sure that this is not the reason why he is doing it, but I am sure I wont be the only night prowler!

No comments: