Friday, June 19, 2009

Please put down your hands, because I C U

Beck has a cool idea. He has bought together music friends to come into his studio and re record one randomly chosen album in one day. Then they release a song a week on this website (follow the link)!

The first album is the classic Velvet Underground and Nico. How exciting is that! The first song is the Sunday morning, which is the first song in the album, so it could be (and should be) in chronological order. It was also the first single from the original.

I guess this album has been in my life for 20 years, and you know how it is with these sorts of albums that you start off loving the hits, "waiting for the man", "heroin" etc, but then maybe you thrash those songs too much, and its the other ones- the slow releasers that stand out in the end. So not taking anything away from any of the others, if i was to choose my favorite from this album it would be ... "I'll be your mirror"

No comments: